WHAT IS IT?
Vision boards or “dream boards” are based on the concept: if you can see it you can achieve it. It’s nothing more than you taking pictures of the things that you want to attract into your life from short, medium to long-term goals, pasting them on a board and putting it up where you can see it everyday.
Its one thing to have your goals written down on paper but there is so much power in seeing images of the things you dream of everyday! A vision board is not only fun to make but it’s a powerful reminder of your goals. It motivates you to stay focused.
What are your goals?
Take some time to think about what you want to achieve. Your goals can vary from getting an A symbol in one of your subjects, to taking up and extra mural activity, to learning how to drive or even getting accepted at university!
Some people theme the vision board according to health, spirituality, relationships, places to visit for holidays and money! Also pay attention to your emotional reaction to certain images: do you feel happy? Grateful? Excited? After you have figured out what your goals are –list them on paper.
do you feel Happy? Grateful? Excited? After you have figured out what your goals are –
What You Need:
1.A poster board / chart/ big sheet of paper
2. Magazines and newspapers with the kind of things that you like. If you have access to the Internet and printer, you can Google the images and print them out. What is important if for you to make it your own style
3. Scissors to cut out the images
4. Glue or tape to stick the images you have chosen
5. Space to hang the completed board
Now the fun part:
1. Cut out the images that you feel represent your goals
2. Paste them on your poster board/ chart with glue or tape
3. Feel free to decorate the background with drawings or using your highlighters
4. Hang it up where you can see it every day!
Of course, it’s not enough for you to just think about your dreams and look at your vision board every day. You actually have to go out there and make it happen!